IMPORTANT NOTE: This database is not current. It was last updated in April 2007, and there is no plan to update it again. It was intended to provide subject access to heavily-used Deaf journals in the Gallaudet University Library collections that are not indexed elsewhere.
The Index to Deaf Periodicals is an index to articles in selected deaf-related journals. The journals indexed and coverage are:
- American Annals of the Deaf and Dumb (v.1-38, 1847-1893) A Note on Numbering and Dating
- Deaf American (v.26-39, 1973-1989) Notes on Numbering, Dating, and Variant Titles
- Deaf American Monographs (v.40-48, 1990-1998)
- Deaf Life (v.1-11, 1987-1998, 2002) Notes on Numbering and Dating
- DeafNation (v.1-3, 1995-1998) Notes on Numbering and Dating
- Silent Worker (v.1-14, 1948-1962) Notes on Numbering and Dating
How to get articles
American Annals of the Deaf and Dumb v. 1-38, 1847-1893, is now available online at via the Gallaudet University Deaf Collections & Archives Digital Collections.
Gallaudet University Library does not sell or otherwise provide copies of other journal articles directly to individuals. To obtain copies, contact your local library. If your library does not have an article, it can obtain a copy for you through interlibrary loan. Your library will not necessarily get it from Gallaudet University; it will usually request an item from the nearest other library that owns it. There may or may not be a charge for Interlibrary Loan, depending on the policies of your library and of the lending library. Your librarian will advise you of any charges or restrictions.
The content of this database was compiled by Thomas R. Harrington, and coded by Jane Rutherford, former Gallaudet University librarians. The Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) provided technical assistance and use of its server.