Born at Dubuque, IA; deafened suddenly at age 10 1/2 from unknown causes. Attended Ephpheta School fro the Deaf in Chicago to 1947, then high school at St. Rita's School for the Deaf (Cincinnati, OH), graduating 1951. Did secretarial work in Dubuque for 3 years, then in Chicago 1954-1958. Feeling a call to religious service, she entered the congregation of Little Sisters of Our Lady of Seven Dolors in Montreal, QC in 1959, taking her vows in 1962. Taught deaf pupils at the French Institution for Dea Girls until it was closed, then at the Institution for Deaf Boys. In 1983, she was asked, and accepted, to do pastoral work with St. Mark's Catholic Community of the Deaf in Edmonton, AB, and also taught religion at the Alberta School for the Deaf among other outreach efforts.
Deaf Women of Canada, p.132-133, 277.