- No December 1995 issue was published. The numbering goes from Volume 1, issue 2 (November 1995) to Volume 1, issue 3 (January 1996).
- Volume 1, issue 7 (May 1996) is incorrectly marked as Volume 1, issue 6 (April 1996), duplicating the real April 1996 issue. The former is indexed as Vol.1 No.7 (May 1996). The real April issue has a leading article about Alfred Sonnenstrahl. The May issue's leading article is about the Alabama School for the Deaf.
- Volume 1 no.8/9 (June/July 1996), a double issue, is incorrectly marked as Volume 1, issue 6/7. It is indexed as Vol.1 No.8/9.
- Correct numbering resumes with Volume 1, issue 10 (August 1996).
- Volume 4, issue 1 was not published. That issue, which would have been October 1998, was instead combined with the September 1998 issue as Volume 3, no.12 (September/October 1998).
- DeafNation ceased publication with Volume 5, no.6 (March 2000).
Prepared by Thomas R. Harrington, October 1999.